As soon as I got the low down that Sisters Beauty Lounge is introducing a 30 minute express eyelash extension treatment I was more than keen to try it out myself. I’ve never tried having eyelash extensions before and I had mixed feelings about it in regards of pain and getting used to having something on my lashes!
I was excited however, so I arrived to my scheduled appointment 10 minutes early (in my dictionary that’s about half an hour!) and I was guided to the beverages station for a tea and biscuits chilling. Not even two minutes into it, the beautician, Chole, found her way to me and guided me into the room. I was handed a little form to fill, asking about allergies and all the procedural biz, then she gave me a quick brief about what’s going to happen and ensured me that no pain will be felt, hooray!
She started by removing my eye makeup and then brushing my eyelashes with a specific brush. There were two lashes options, a full look and a natural one, I opted for the natural one being uncertain about how unnatural the full one would look.
Time to finally get started! Chloe used an odorless glue which didn’t even have a strong scent. 30 minutes later I was done and good to go. I was so in love with my lashes, good bye mascara.. well, for at least two weeks. She then gave me an after care manual, and told me to revisit in 2 to 3 weeks to have them removed to avoid damage to my natural lashes. Re-filling is not possible with these lashes however re-application is possible.
(Sorry for the creepy-looking picture to the left!) The treatment was for 200 AED, 300 AED for the “full volume” look.
- My eyes didn’t irritate or hurt.
- It said avoid contact with water for 24 hours or so, it was a hassle trying to wash my eyes the next morning.
- Got tons of compliments! No one doubted they weren’t real though.
- A maximum of 30 lashes fell throughout the 3 weeks, I was expecting more
- Mascara… yikes mascara! I’ve been advised not to use their special mascara, and although I stayed away from a water proof mascara(which is a big no-no) , I ended up in some pain, lash loss, and clumpy-ness, so avoid using mascara overall if you go for it!